Saturday, February 5, 2011

Ok - last post for today


So, I decided that I would start following some of my favorite artists on Facebook, and was pleased to discover that most of them are there, and that they are willing to accept "friend" requests from total strangers. Now I am connected with these pillars of mixed media art, and the information that they post on Fb. It's sort of surreal to be reading posts from these people, and then look on your bookshelf and see books with their names on them.

I have actually had one artist (probably my favorite mixed media artist, Kelli Nina Perkins) comment on my felt beads. That expanded my head a little! I've also been in touch with several other artists to ask questions or comment on a post they made. It's so great to have these resources and inspiration right at my fingertips. The down side is that I spend WAY too much time on the computer.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you create. I appreciate art in all forms!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cindie! I posted a few things here (on the Archive on the right) if you want to take a look. That's just some of the stuff, but it gives you an idea...

    ReplyDelete